Tuesday, September 15, 2009

David Trezeguet: I Want To Win The Champions League With Juventus

The hitman has underlined the Champions League as his top objective...

Juventus striker David Trezeguet admits his ambition is to lift the Champions League trophy with his present club, readying himself for tomorrow night's clash against Girondins de Bordeaux.

The French hitman seems revitalised following his goal against Lazio on Saturday night.

"I would like to win something with [coach Ciro] Ferrara. The Champions League has been the prime objective of my career," Trezeguet is quoted as saying on Goal.com Italia.

'Trez' has warned against complacency when Bordeaux visit on Tuesday, almost a year to the day he ruptured knee ligaments against Zenit St. Petersburg in the Champions League last term.

"The first game is never easy. Bordeaux play nice football," added the hitman.

The striker recently announced he would quit the club at the end of the season, but a good trophy winning campaign could change his mind.

"Many things have changed in my head," he said. "Seeing the ball go in [against Lazio] may mean I don't want to change team any longer.

"I am evaluating what's best for me - the best would be to end my career here. I have spoken to [Alessandro] Del Piero about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share